The Sanderson Museum will be reopening on Saturday, August 1st. We will continue to be open on Saturdays and Sundays.
As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic we will be operating under new rules with new restrictions placed on us by the CDC, The PA Department of Health and the County Health Department.
- All visitors to CCSM will be required to obtain tickets in advance at our website. Before we sell you a ticket, please DO NOT VISIT THE SANDERSON MUSEUM if you do not feel well or have some type of COVID-19 symptom. We will initially be allowing no more than 10 visitors/members per day to start. You must purchase your tickets on the web site by credit cards. We will not be accepting cash at the door or accepting credit cards at the door.
- All visitors over the age of two will be required to wear masks while inside the museum. Social distancing must be practiced. All visitors and volunteers must wear masks at all times. If you forget your mask or do not have one, we will provide you one with a suggested donation of $1.
- We will have signs placed around the museum to remind you of these requirements.
- All traffic inside the museum will be one way. You will receive a sheet with this information on it.
- We will have hand sanitizing stations as you come in, a 2nd one in the Chadds Ford Room on the first floor and a 3rd station at the top of the stairway on the 2nd floor.
- Please do not touch any exhibits. We do have exhibits on panels in the Chadds Ford Room, the Carmack Room and the Brandywine Room. These panels are frequently wiped down by our docents. We strongly suggest you put on a glove(s) to turn the panels in the rooms. Before you touch any shared surface you should clean your hands at the hand sanitizer or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. You should dispose of the gloves as you leave on the first floor in the trash can provided.
- Our Gift Area will be closed but you may purchase these items on our web site and they will be delivered to you.
- Please ask a docent if you have any questions or concerns and they will be glad to assist you.